September 2021 Newsletter
Dear MDA supporters,
In our September issue, Spotlight On: Nine‘s Abbir Dib writes on why her scepticism “aboutdiversity initiatives was quickly quelled.“ We also delve into the paid summer internship 2022initiative and celebrate our founder and chair Isabel Lo and Director Antoinette Lattouf onreceiving a B&T Women In Media Award along with a roundup of Community Voices inMelbourne update and much more.
In this issue:
- SPOTLIGHT ON: Abbir Dir on why her scepticism about diversity initiatives quickly quelled.
- Our summer internships in partnership with Google News Initiative: How to enter.
- Community Voices: The Judith Neilson Institute and Media Diversity Australia invite outstanding individuals from Melbourne to apply for Community Voices in 2022.
- B&T Women In Media Awards: Our founders get a double gong.
- Inclusive reporting webinar: The upcoming professional development seminar with The Walkley Foundation and Scanlon Foundation is around the corner.
- 40 Under 40: Most influential Asian–Australians 2021: MDA co–founder and Chair Isabel Lo recognised as a person of influence.