Media Diversity Australia has joined forces with Weld Stories, a Sydney-based digital content agency committed to social impact storytelling, to offer a Winter Fellowship for one candidate to join Weld’s small team full-time across May and June 2023.
- The Winter Fellowship is scheduled to run from Monday, May 2023 until Friday, June 16.
- The Fellowship recipient will be mentored and supported by an MDA Mentor.
THE SIX-WEEK PROGRAM WILL INCLUDE
- Calls with Weld Stories clients
- Concept development
- Research and planning
- Writing and editing
- Pre-production and production
- Distribution strategy
- Briefing of designers
- Reviewing edits
- Delivery of assets
- Developing and creating vibrant and relevant stories for MDA’s social channels
- Competitive weekly stipend provided for the duration of the Fellowship
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants must have the right to work in Australia
- Applicants will be from a First Nations or culturally and racially marginalised (CaRM) background
- Applicants will preferably have experience working in new media or demonstrate strong writing or presentation skills
- Applicants will ideally be available full-time for six weeks, however, scheduling flexibility can be discussed
- You must address all of the following to be considered for this program:
- In 500 words or less, please tell us about you, your media and communication experience, your leadership qualities and aspirations, and why you should be an MDA Winter Fellow.
- Please attach a CV and at least one written reference.
- Applications open on Thursday, March 23, 2023, at 9 am AEDT and close on Friday, April 21, 2023, at 5 pm AEST.
- The Fellowship winner will be announced in late April 2023 after a shortlist interview process.
Applicants can apply by clicking here.