Admin & Operation Coordinator
- Location: Sydney & WFH
- Contract role 6 months with the option to renew
- 2 day a week 0.4 FTE (hours can be worked flexibly over 1 week)
- In person office day Thursdays in Chippendale location
- Salary range daily rate of $200 + super (10.5%)
About the Role:
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to play a key role in MDA’s efforts to promote cultural and linguistic diversity, respect, and inclusion in Australian media and society at large.
The Admin & Operations Coordinator role will play an integral role in MDA’s day-to-day operational work.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including flexible work arrangements in an inclusive working environment.
- Maintain MDA Member’s Engagement Tracker, documenting and recording all engagements, payments, and member requests
- Being liaison point for MDA members
- Admin support for organising MDA events (including state chapter support)
- Process requests for additions to MDA’s expert diversity directory
- Diary support and management for MDA’s CEO in a timely fashion over the course of the week
- Ad hoc admin support as required to MDA national team and state chapters
- Working autonomously in a start-up-like environment, supported by the high calibre team, volunteer executive committee, and an influential advisory board.
- A connection to and deep understanding of diversity issues
- Understanding and ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Project management skills and ability to prioritise workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised
- Tertiary and/or Bachelor’s Degree qualification in journalism or a similar discipline
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and social media skills
Media Diversity Australia believes in equity and diversity in the workplace, and the promotion of a culture of opportunity. In line with our focus on diversity, applications from Indigenous Australians and people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds are strongly encouraged.
About Media Diversity Australia
Media Diversity Australia (MDA) is a not-for-profit organisation championing cultural diversity in national journalism/news media. Founded in 2017 by two journalists and diversity advocates, Antoinette Lattouf and Isabel Lo, MDA’s vision is a media industry with full and equal participation for diverse people at all levels.
For further information on this position please email hello@mediadiversityaustralia.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.