- Location: Sydney
- 3 days a week: 1 day in CBD office and rest worked flexibly across week
- Salary range full-time base salary of $85,000 per annum including superannuation
- Contract role 4 months with strong view to extend based on performance and subject to funding
About the Role:
This in exciting and unique opportunity to play a key role in MDA’s efforts to promote diversity, respect and inclusion across Australian media and society at large. Reporting to MDA’s CEO, this role will be primarily responsible for helping grow MDA’s footprint and help secure financial and in-kind funding opportunities as well other secondary roles including helping support MDA’s members and maintaining its digital presence.
With a focus on development, you will be responsible for driving revenue generation for MDA through strategic partnerships and seeking funding for existing, and new, programs. In addition, you will be responsible for seeking out opportunities for improved profitability and in tailoring partnerships to business needs.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including flexible work arrangements in an inclusive working environment.
- Management of fundraising strategy, including annual pipeline and database of prospective funders.
- Strategic advice and support around fundraising, and other growth opportunities, working collaboratively with MDAs CEO to pursue highest ROI opportunities.
- Overseeing management of all fundraising efforts.
- Oversight and/or execution of other strategic and operational work as aligned with MDA’s growth strategy, KPIs and operating plan.
- Collaborate with CEO to refine MDA’s growth strategy.
- Collaborate with CEO to drive revenue generation for MDA through strategic partnerships with Corporates, Business, Government, NGOs, Trusts & Foundations, High Net Worth Individuals, and others.
- Support CEO in scoping out services for and responding to for MDA members
- Managing the end-to-end process for grants; includes managing the development of project processes and reporting requirements to ensure a quality governance process is in place for all projects including collaborating with other team members on administrative, evaluation, and acquittal requirements.
- Create persuasive pitch and marketing materials for proposals to prospective partners
- Actively improve and increase involvement with existing stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on stakeholder engagement activity.
- Attend key industry events to keep abreast of industry developments, identifying new opportunities for MDA.
- Develop and maintain systems and procedures to manage the business development administrative function.
- Design digital content in line with MDA’s brand guidelines in Canva or equivalent to support growth strategy.
- Work autonomously in a start-up-like environment, supported by the high calibre team, volunteer executive committee and board.
- Actively participate, contributing to the team and organisational initiatives.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Must have a genuine interest in diversity, equity & inclusion
- Working rights in Australia
- Marketing/comms skills preferred
- A keen interest or background, in Journalism preferred
Media Diversity Australia believes in equity and diversity in the workplace, and the promotion of a culture of opportunity. In line with our focus on diversity, applications from Indigenous Australians and people from a range of cultural and racially marginalised backgrounds are strongly encouraged.
About Media Diversity Australia
Founded by journalists in 2017, Media Diversity Australia is a national not-for-profit organisation, working towards creating a media landscape that looks and sounds like Australia.
They have expertise in delivering evidence-based research, bespoke programs, strategic memberships and partnerships that disrupt the status quo and pave pathways for diverse representation across Australian media.
For further information on this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org