Media Diversity Australia is calling for expressions of interest from young Australians under the age of 30, who are passionate about media, politics and diversity.
With the support of Google News Initiative, we have three fellowships worth $15 000 each, that will take place during the federal election and will be Canberra-based.
WHO CAN APPLY
- Applicants need to be under the age of 30 and able to demonstrate a keen interest in, and understanding of media, politics and diversity.
- Applicants will come from a First Nations, culturally or linguistically diverse background, live with a disability or have an interest in growing diversity in Australia’s newsrooms.
- Applicants do not need to have a tertiary qualification.
- Applicants will need to have full working rights in Australia.
HOW TO APPLY
- You must address all of the following to be considered for a fellowship: In 500 words or less, please tell us a bit about you, any media or politics experience you’ve had, why covering a federal election is beneficial for your career and why you should be chosen for a political fellowship.
- Please also attach a CV and one written reference.
- Please attach any examples of published journalism.
- Applications open on Monday, 1 November 1 at 9 am AEST and close at 5 pm AEST on Friday, 26th November. Successful candidates will be announced in mid December after an interview process.
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note these fellowships are dependent on the COVID-19 situation and state and tertiary government health requirements.*